What Are They Saying?

Currently I am watching the rain fall from my bed. I am confined to my bed. My brain had big plans today, but my bossy body said, 'Well, that's too bad, so sad. You're staying right here.'


  • I was going to shopping for new clothes

  • I was going to go for coffee- to my favorite Starbucks of course, of course.

  • I was going to get my name changed on my medical card from my maiden name to my married name. I am married in everyone's eyes with the exception of the medical community. I am still known by my maiden name to them. I haven't been married that long, only 16 years. Great, now my doctor's receptionist is going to give me the stink eye when I go in today. I promised with my hand on my heart that I would get my name changed. She has been chewing me out for so long. All I have to do is go down to Service BC, show my marriage certificate, and the lady at the desk will do the rest. I don't have to do anything but stand there and smile. Oh man I hate the stink eye


One thing I was not going to do today was clean my house. I don't do that anymore. (No, you won't see me on an upcoming episode of A&E's Hoarders.) I hired weekly housekeepers. See, there is a silver lining to this whole thing! I get someone else to clean my bathrooms!

I just sat around while the cleaning ladies cleaned. It was pretty nice. Actually it was pretty freaking awesome.

I seriously have to learn Spanish though because the ladies who clean my house speak Spanish. I want to know if they are talking about me, and my house. I need to know if I am being insulted.

I also need to learn Vietnamese for that matter. When I get pedicures done  I seem to get them done by sweet Vietnamese girls, however I am always paranoid that they are jabbing between themselves, talking about how crusty my feet are. It makes me a little self-conscience when they chortle back and forth. But in my defense I just have to say if my feet were perfect I wouldn't need a pedicure. So chortle away ladies!

I am looking forward to next week. I am going to my doctor today and he is going to find away to fix this anemic thing I got going on. If Google is right, then all I need are some injections and I will be as right as rain. Then I will never see this bed again except between the hours of 11pm and 7am.

When my daughter was only two years old and it was time for her to go to bed; she would climb up the stairs mumbling to herself  the same four words night after night.

I would like to quote her now, as I can not think of any other phrase that would express how I feel in this very moment.

This was her catchphrase: 'I hate my stupid bed!' Well said my sweet darling girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment